3: Bahasa Indonesia, English & 汉语

This is my first Blog.

The first thing that bugged me was "whadya wanna call your blog?" - so I ponder and ponder and ponder... Cataya? Sukling? Shuling? Batara Kirana? - Not available, not available, not available.... or too long to be practical and/or remembered....
At the end of the day, I settled with "cstjhin".... even though my apprehension was that my surname is not the easiest or most popular surname in the planet. Well, I guess, I have to make it my own.

Then... I wonder what language I should post it in? Bahasa Indonesia? English? 汉语? The fact that I'm writing in English now should indicate my level of comfort.
Yes, I tend to write in English the easiest/quickest (though, perhaps, not the best - I'm sure you can one or two or gazillion grammatical errors in my postings now or later). I often wonder why that is... Being over-analytical that I am, I came to the conclusion that my graduate study experiences in Canberra, Australia, have shaped my brain/analytical process and how I better express myself scholastically. (Long story short, really).

Then I decide, I shall write in whatever language I want at that moment. It can be Bahasa Indonesia, it can be English and it can even be 汉语 (I still have a long way to go to hone that particular skill).

The point is... this is my blog and I am a daughter of three cultures - Indonesian, English (Western) and Chinese. I was born and raised in Indonesia; I became a different person after enjoying a Western education in Australia; yet I am inherently Chinese.

I have as much love and apprehension to those different cultures or ideologies stereotyped to them.

Then, there is the matter of what sort of things I want to write about.

"Eclectic", I think, is an appropriate  word.

ec·lec·tic/iˈklektik/
Adjective: Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
Noun: A person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.


I am eclectic.

So I might be posting in different language, or different topic, or different style.... but it'd be mine...


"Let the walls be splashed with our inaccurate expectorating! They will be honest stains, at least..." - Salman Rushdie, "Midnight's Children".



Komentar

Terpopuler 热搜

15 Tahun Menunda, Tapi Tidak Lupa (Mei 1998)

OPINION: 18 Years Ago Today: May 1998 and to Never Forget

OPINION: (Anti) Corruption in China’s Belt and Road Initiative